In addition, with only 2 pharmacy schools in Colorado, there is a limited option for you to pursue a degree in the course.
What is the Meaning of Pharmacy
Pharmacy is the science and method of preparing, dispensing, and reviewing drugs and providing extra clinical services. It is also a health profession that links health sciences with pharmaceutical sciences and helps to ensure the safe, essential, and affordable use of drugs.
Pharmacists are medication specialists who use their full knowledge of medicine to assist patients get well. They are also health professionals who are involved in all forms of medicine delivery to patients. They organizes health and wellness screenings, provide immunizations and supervise the medications given to patients. They also provide advice on healthy lifestyles.
The Responsibilities of a Pharmacist
- A pharmacist distribute prescription medications to patients and offer competency in the safe use of prescriptions.
- They also fill prescriptions, and also confirm instructions from physicians on the appropriate amounts of medication to give to patients.
- Their duty is also to check whether prescriptions will have negative effects on other drugs that a patient is taking or any medical conditions the patient has.
- They instruct patients on how and when to take prescribed medicines and also inform them about prospective side effects from taking the medicines.
- Pharmacists give flu shots and, in most states, other vaccinations.
- They advise patients about general health topics like diet, exercise, and managing stress. They also advice patients on what equipment or supplies would be best to treat a health problem.
- Pharmacist supervise the work of pharmacy technicians and pharmacists in training (interns).
- They also records and also do other executive tasks.
- They teach other healthcare practitioners about the appropriate medication therapies for patients
- Pharmacists complete insurance forms and work with insurance firms to make sure that patients get the medicines they need.
Features of Pharmacists
You are required to have the following attributes or skills:
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Managerial skills
- Computer skills
As a pharmacists, you must provide safe medications easily. In order to do this, you must be able to assess a patient’s needs and the prescriber’s orders. You must also have large knowledge of the effects and proper circumstances for giving out a particular medication.
You need computer skills in order to use any electronic health record (EHR) systems that their organization has taken on. They are also responsible for ensuring the precision of the prescriptions they fill; therefore, they need to pay attention to details.
Your responsibility as a pharmacists is that you must be able to find the information you need to make decisions about what medications are proper for each patient because inappropriate use of medication can cause serious health risks.
How to Become a Pharmacist
You are required to fulfill the following:
- Complete Relevant Degree Programs
- Complete Post-Doctoral Training
- Pass Licensure Requirements
- Stay On Top Of Continuing Education
The Requirements for Pharmacy Schools in Colorado USA
Below are the requirements to get admitted in a pharmacy school:
- TOEFL(For international students)
- Minimum of 3.0 CGPA
- Letter of Recommendation
- A credit score in Biology, Anatomy and Chemistry
Tuition Fee for Pharmacy Schools in Colorado
The tuition fee for residents at the University of Colorado is $32,470 while nonresidents pay $41,265.
Best Pharmacist Schools in Colorado
- University of Colorado
- Regis University
The income of Pharmacists in Colorado according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics is $120,660 annually. The average Pharmacist salary in Colorado is $136,513 as of August 27, 2022, but note that the range usually falls between $128,629 and $145,402.
Find more articles on Student Resources here