Canadian Scholarships For Chinese Students: Are you a Chinese student who is searching for a scholarship to study in Canada? Then, you have many options, you can choose from the existing Canadian Scholarships.
Canadian scholarships for Chinese students are not just grant-in-aids for students, they present great opportunities for students to connect with professionals in their respective disciplines.
In 2016, over 353,000 international students were welcomed to study in Canada: making the country one of the top international study destinations in the world.
In this particular post, you’ll have access to the list of Canadian scholarships for Chinese students, get complete information regarding funding details, application forms, eligibility criteria, deadlines, etc.
Why Study in Canada?
Why you should study in Canada is because, being one of the choicest study destinations in the world, Canada offers students the opportunity to get a high-quality education at an affordable rate. In addition to the degrees that are globally recognized, Canada has an excellent quality of life, immense post-study work and immigration opportunities that caters for students.
Below are the reasons you should study in Canada
Sound and Quality Education
Canada provides widely recognized quality education that can be compared to United States’.
When a student receives a degree from a Canadian university, it reflects true excellence.
With more than 96 Universities in Canada, offering education in English and French the choice of which institution to attend won’t make you sweat.
Studying in Canada is very affordable
Cost is one of the determining factors when it comes to studying abroad. The cost of studying in Canada as an international student is not on a high side.
Cost is the most significant barrier for most students hoping to study abroad. Canadian international students have to pay higher tuition fees than domestic students. That said, the average annual tuition for an international student’s Canadian undergraduate degree was $16,746 USD in 2014. Compare that to the U.S. ($24,914 USD), Australia ($24,081 USD) or the United Kingdom ($21,365 USD).
Aside from paying tuition, international students also need to find housing and finance their daily lives. The cost of living in Canada is seriously affordable compared to most other top destinations for international students. In 2014, the average cost of living per year for international students in Canada was $13,021 USD. When you combine the average annual cost of living and average annual tuition fees, Canada is clearly the better option.
Work while you study
Canada offers Chinese students an opportunity to work for up to 20 hours every week during their semesters and full-time during the summer and winter breaks. If you wish to work on-campus or as an intern in any company, there won’t be a need for any additional work permit as your study permit is enough to win you a part-time job.
Every student deserves safety. What assures a wise study abroad decision is the safety of the study destination. For Chinese students that wish to study in Canada, Canada is indeed a safe haven.
Ranking 6th in the Global Peace Index, leaving your home country for Canada leaves you nothing to be scared of; it rather leaves you delighted.
When you travel abroad to study, you normally get a temporary status in the country you’re studying in. That status usually expires when your program ends.
With this, Canada offers Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PWPP) which allows students to stay and work in Canada for up to three years after graduation. This affords you the opportunity to gain some international work experience and apply for permanent residency later on.
Additionally, most Canadian provinces have Provincial Nominee streams for candidates with experience studying or working in the province, and Canada’s federal economic immigration streams offer additional points for Canadian work and study experience.
To Get Full Scholarship In Canada
Canadian Universities and Colleges offer a wide variety of scholarships to worthy international students to help them fund their studies and live their dreams.
In addition to what Canadian universities are doing, the Canadian government, public, and private establishments offer scholarships, grants, and bursaries as well. Before you apply to any of these scholarships, do well to check the eligibility and criteria, along with the closing date.
Can International Students Get Scholarship In Canada?
Studying in Canada doesn’t come cheap. So, for international students in Canada, a scholarship is a way to go as a good number of international students finance their studies through scholarships.
These non-repayable financial awards are exclusively for students with amazing academic records in addition to active volunteer and work experience.
You must apply for some scholarships, while others are automatically done.
Canadian Scholarships for Chinese Students
Here is a list of Canadian Scholarships for Chinese Students to study in Canada in 2022:
- Humber College International Entrance Scholarships
- York University International Student Scholarship Program
- University of British Columbia Scholarships for International Students
- Carleton University Entrance Scholarships for International Students
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships
- Pierre Elliot Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships
- University of Waterloo International Master’s and Doctoral Student Awards
- University of Calgary Graduate Awards
- International Leader of Tomorrow Award
1. Humber College International Entrance Scholarships
This entrance scholarship is open for Graduate Certificate, Diploma, and Advanced Diploma students joining Humber in May.
This Scholarship incentive will equate to CAD 2,000 off student’s tuition fees over the course of their first year of studies.
This merit scholarship is for students with a high academic qualification (students with GPA 85%+ and 6.5+ IELTS or equivalent in TOEFL, Duolingo, senior high school grade in English.
Eligible students must pay their tuition fees in full and the scholarship amount will be reimbursed to the student account after the 10th day of classes. The scholarship will be disbursed in two installments over the 1st two semesters.
To apply, you need to provide the following:
- Humber Student ID number
- Confirmed Letter of Acceptance from Humber College for fulltime program commencing in May.
- Personal statement of interest – must include your Grade Point Average.
- 2 reference letters
Humber offers renewable full and partial tuition scholarships to NEW international students beginning classes in September and January of each year. This scholarship is offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
2. York University International Student Scholarship Program
There are scholarships and bursaries available to international students who are currently got admission to York University.
York university international awards are of two kinds: the one that requires an application and the one that doesn’t.
Awards that do not require an application are noted with “no award application required” — you are automatically considered for them based on your academic qualifications.
For awards requiring an application, you are to complete and submit the International Student Scholarship & Award Application form.
International students who have an amazing academic record and admitted to York University are eligible for scholarships worth $60,000 – $100,000 for a four-year degree program.
To Be Eligible
- You must have a Study Permit to study in Canada
- Must have applied to an undergraduate degree program at York no more than two years after graduation, and have no previous university or college studies
- You must possess an amazing academic record with a minimum “A” average or equivalent
- Must have demonstrated leadership through community service or excellence in the arts, sports, or other areas of individual achievement
- One letter of recommendation
- Must ensure all required documents are shown as “Received” in the York application (MyFile), by February 1, 2020, at 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time
- Must complete and submit the online International Student Scholarship Application by February 1, 2020, at 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time
3. University of British Columbia Scholarships for International Students
UBC recognizes the academic achievement of outstanding students from around the world by devoting more than $10 million CAD annually to awards, scholarships, and other forms of financial assistance for international undergraduate students.
UBC offers need and merit based awards to qualified Chinese students in Canada.
Need based awards
Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award
This scholarship recognizes outstanding international undergraduate students with an amazing academic scorecard, leadership skills, and community service.
To Be Eligible
To be considered for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award you must:
- Be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- You must be joining UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or other universities.
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific specifications and the English Language Admission Standard.
- You must show a superior academic record.
- You must indicate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award
This award is for outstanding international undergraduate students from poor homes or war-ridden areas who have managed to achieve academic excellence despite the situation.
To Be Eligible
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- You must be graduating or have recently graduated from an acknowledged senior secondary school.
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- Possess an amazing academic scorecard and leadership potential.
- You must come from a war-torn, politically unstable, or economically disadvantaged region of the world.
Applications for the two awards will open from November 1, 2022 – to December 15, 2022.
Merit Based Awards
International major entrance scholarships (IMES)
IMES award is for outstanding international students entering undergraduate programs at UBC.
Outstanding International Student Award (OIS)
OIS award is a merit-based entrance scholarship granted to academically sound students once they are offered admission to UBC.
To Be Eligible
- Not attended UBC before
- Be an international student with a Canadian study permit
- Demonstrate outstanding academic excellence, be active in community service, and have an intellectual promise
- You must not be nominated for a need-and-merit-based International Scholars award.
- Apply to UBC by January 15.
4. Carleton University Entrance Scholarships for International Students
Carleton University offers partial scholarships worth $4,000 – $16,000 to exemplary students who meet the admission average criteria of 80% and above.
The scholarship value will be selected based on your admissions average as calculated at the time of admission.
5. Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) was created to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and to establish Canada as a global center of excellence in research and higher learning.
The scholarships are towards a doctoral degree (or combined MA/Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D.) at participating Canadian Universities. The scholarship is worth $50,000 per year for three years.
Areas of research:
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering research
- Social sciences and humanities research
This scholarship is based on the nomination, therefore, consult your nominating institution for the submission deadline. All nominations close by November 3.
6. University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships
The University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships (UMGF) are merit-based awards that are open to students of any nationality who will be registered as full-time graduate students (Masters or Ph.D.) at the University of Manitoba.
The fellowships are worth $18,000 for PhD students or $14,000 for Master’s students for a 12-month period.
To be eligible, you must have a minimum admission GPA of 3.0. Endeavor to contact your department for details of how to apply.
This scholarship rewards excellent Chinese students in Canada just like every other international student.
7. Pierre Elliot Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships
The scholarships are open to foreign nationals (with a preference for candidates from the developing world) who are applying to a doctoral program in the social sciences and humanities or registered full-time in the first or second year of such a program at a Canadian university. Its annual value is up to $60,000 per scholar for a maximum of three years.
8. University of Waterloo International Master’s and Doctoral Student Awards
Eligible full-time international students starting a research-based master’s program or PhD program will receive an International Student Award valued at $2,045 per term for 2 years (Master’s) or $4,090 per term for 3 years (PhD).
9. University of Calgary Graduate Awards
The University of Calgary offers a wide range of full and partial scholarships for international students. Scholarship value ranges from $1,000 to $40,000 and covers different fields of study.
Click on the link below for details on how to apply for the University of Calgary graduate awards in Canada.
Can I get a scholarship to study in Canada as a Chinese?
Yes, you can. Canadian universities, government and organizations offer scholarships to international students annually.
Is it possible to get full scholarship in Canada?
Canadian universities and colleges offer a wide variety of scholarships to worthy international students to help them fund their studies and live their dreams.
What is the language of learning in Canada?
In all provinces but Quebec, the language of the schools is English. However, one can find French-immersion schools in every province. In Quebec, French is the dominant language, although there are English schools
Scholarships Available in Canada for Chinese students
Chinese students in Canada can apply for any of the following scholarships: #1 Humber College International Entrance Scholarships #2 Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships #3 York University International Student Scholarship Program #4 UBC Scholarship for international students #5 Pierre Elliot Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships
- Apply to Study Medicine in Germany
- Soccer Scholarships for International Students
- Truth About Free Education in Europe for International Students
- List of Countries Offering Free Education for International Students in Europe
- Best Affordable Universities in UK For International Students
If this article meet your immediate needs, remember to leave a Comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question.